The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1946chevytruck, 55shaker, 78buckshot, dt235sd), 119 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Been looking for that thread where there was a discussion on how to disconnect the diaphragm from the link on an AC fuel pump rebuild. Anyone remember that????

Denny Graham
Sandwihc, L


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Last time I had one a part was a while ago, but don't remember any troubles or confusion, or needing any help?

Do you have a picture of the issue?


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
I think I used a punch and took the pin out of the main body that holds the pump arm in place. Then I think I was able to disconnect it from the diaphragm. Don

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
It was simple Grig, just wasn't sure how the stem was atteched to the link. I hadn't really taken a good lool at it, I was just preping for it. All you have to do is hold the arm while pushing down on the diaphragm and kick the stem back out of the link. Simple!!!!
Now, I have to finger out the inlet and out let seals or valves. I gotta get a kit to see just what new parts comes in it before I try to pop them out. Don't know if I'll have to use the old retainers or not.

No need to pop the pin out or remove the arm Don.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Just incase anyone else may be interested.
The diaphragm link:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/130835675/large
The diaphragm stem:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/130835677/large
The reason why:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/130835756/large
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
Denny, when I did mine I was concerned about tearing the diaphragm. I was looking at a spare in the parts box and agree removing the pin can be avoided. I guess another point would be how much grime is in the arm area of the housing for cleaning purposes. Its like many things, many different roads to the destination and everyone likes to look at different scenery. Thanks for all the great info. Don

Last edited by don stocker; 12/03/2010 3:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
I'm in the process of rebuilding the fuel pump for my 1941 Chevy, and was having some troubling removing the diaphragm from the link. Pushing down on the diaphragm and away from the rocker arm side of the pump, without allowing it to swing or pivot did the trick.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0