| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 222 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 222 | Hi:
Not knowing what section of the forum to put this under I figured here might be the best. Does anyone know what the components are or look like that hold the spare tire under the floor in the rear for panel trucks. Mine are gone and don't know what was there. Further, if you have any pictures that would be great. Thanks for the help.
PTL, He is Risen John 3:16
God bless,
Dave
Last edited by cletis; 04/23/2011 4:14 AM. Reason: removed parts request
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 | Open the rear doors and look to see if you have either an open hole next to the bottom latch for the left rear door,( at the tail pan area) or you have what looks like a bolt with a recessed square head. Look under the truck for a piece of 1.5"x 1.5" angle stock that is riveted to the frame rails just behind the rear axle. Attached to that should be a channel piece that is slanted downward toward the rear of the truck and is also bolted to the rear cross member. I'll email you photos of the rest of the assembly. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 222 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 222 | Hi:
Yes there is a recess bolt in the tail pan and under the floor a slanted channel. I saw your pictures and now know what it looks like, thank you. I greatly appreciate your help. If not then perhaps if you could provide some specific measurements, and I might possible fabricate one similar in design to what was shown in your pictures. I just finished my restoration and will be putting the truck on the road, soon. I note we are close in proximity, I'm here in Plymouth, MA.
He is Risen! John 3:16
God bless,
Dave
Last edited by cletis; 04/24/2011 3:20 PM. Reason: removed parts wanted request.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
| | |
| |
| |