| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 12 | Can anyone recommend a source for rear brake cylinders for my 1950 4400? I tried the search and did not come up with anything. NAPA and the other parts house in town were unable to come up with anything other than a possible rebuilt kit. I have had not had much luck with rebuild kits so I would rather go with complete replacement cylinders. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 | Get Napa to get the paper book from under the counter, also get the number off of your cylinders and track them that way. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 502 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 502 | You might consider sending them out for rebuild. I sent mine and had them sleeved with SS, which will also improve their lifespan.
The cost wasn't that much over new ones.
Dan
Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it. 101st Screaming Eagles
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy FCFDChief 2, I believe the part you're looking for is Raybestos p/n WC3677 $63.79 each at Rock Auto, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 92 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 92 | JIm Carter Classic Truck parts may be an option too.
1949 Chevy 4400 216
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 12 | Thanks All: I went to the NAPA store yesterday and found the "old guy who could use the books" and they do have them for $98.00 each. They have the rebuild kits for around $18.00. My dad took off the right one and it is not scored inside. We are going to run a hone through them and try the rebuild kits. The old girl is actually a fire truck that I have had in storage for 10 years awaiting a time when I had the time and money to restore and put back on the road. Now that the kids are gone and I am retired, now is the time. Will try to figure out how to add pictures some day.
Thanks again to all who answered.
Chief 2 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 | This company has everything you need for your 1950 4400 brakes... Geoffrey Rosenberg President Alretta Truck Parts Inc. http://www.Alretta.com508-788-9409 | | |
| |
| |