| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, Ponchogl, Lonnie, Bicounty, BC59, JW51),
160
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 126 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 126 | I have a '66 that had a Thrift heater in it (it has one knob with a cable attached). I just got a heater out of a truck my neighbor was scrapping, I think it was a '62 or '63, and it had the Deluxe heater in it (4 control knobs and cables). The heater that was in my truck is really in bad shape...Almost nothing but the cases are salvageable. The one I just got looks to be in decent condition. My question is, can I mount it up and put the controls into the dash of my '66, or is there any problem that you can see with that? I think it can be done. although I may have to use a '64 and on control unit (the control unit in the '63 was trashed, and I didn't see a good source for the 4 lever unit, just the later 3 lever). That would be easily overcome by just leaving the floor/defrost lever to be manually operated, I think....Any thoughts? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 | I think you went back 1 or 2 years to far. Your 66 would have a 3 knob set up for the deluxe heater. I don't think the 4 knob set up will fit in your truck without major modification. Maybe you could sell what you have now to finance what you need. You will need a 3 knob dash set up,the three cables, the deluxe heater box and the deluxe heater core and box. Then just follow the installation as shown in the factory assembly manual or accessory installation manual. | | |
| |
| |