| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,454 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 1 | hey...can anyone tell me what year tailgates will fit my 59 stepside bed...thanks!!! 55 2nd gen---up to????? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | same up to 1987, not sure if the letter style is identical
Bill | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 406 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 406 | Tailgate is the same 54-87. Chevy script is the same as well. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | Hey kenglish, I have a brand new tailgate without the "Cheverolet" on it that I can sell ya! Let me know if you are interested. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 8 | Sorry but 1 quick question..how do u remove the tailgate? Im struggling with the hinge bolts? I just cant get them off. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | Cody - look on the outside where the "hinge" piece attaches to the rear post, there's a bolt that goes into a round steel pad that the gate pivots on, like this, take one off and the gate will come loose Bill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 10 | I have two 1985 chevrolet tailgates. I am where IL,IN,KY all meet I dont know where in IL you are located but if your interested I bet we can work out something. | | |
| |
| |