| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,466 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#73801 02/23/2007 7:38 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 | Will a flexplate from a 87, 350 TBI fit an inline? Need to know if I change the V8 out for an inline six if I have to get a different one or not. I have a 700R4 trans. Thanks! H. | | |
#73802 02/23/2007 9:39 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | No it wont work. 86 up small blocks have balance weights. 85 on back will fit. Be shure to check to see if it will fit the converter before you install it. It probably will but it,s a good idea to make shure before yuou put it together. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#73803 02/23/2007 11:45 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 | Hey Wrenchbender, I really appreciate the info. I thought that maybe there might be a problem. Wasn't too sure. If I decide to change out the engine I'll look for an 85 or older small block or a flexplate from an inline before installing it. I think the torque converter will work. I hope so. Its a new stage 1 converter. Beefier than the stock one. I'm supposed to have that installed tomorrow but can't get the trans shop on the horn. May be closed due to bad weather we have had. I like the pics on your trucks. Very nice! Thanks again........Henry | | |
#73804 02/24/2007 6:56 AM | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Hey Henry, exactly which inline are you dealing with? They are not all the same...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
#73805 02/24/2007 10:50 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Oldsub is right. It won,t fit the 216,235,or261,s. The 292,s except for the real early ones had larger bolt holes. The flywheel/flexplate can be drilled out for this. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |