| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
171
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 | I have the assembly manual for the truck but it does not specify which side the exhaust should go when comming over the rear axle,between the shock and leaf spring or outside the shock between the shock and drive shaft. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the exhaust in a 1/2 ton truck running a 235 engine with stock exhaust system? thanks for any help
Last edited by tracern1; 03/31/2011 1:52 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Most likely down the driver's side. While it isn't specifically called out it would be unusual to cross it over when it exits the driver's side of the engine compartment. I don't have personal experience with the 55.2 so if I'm wrong someone will point it out.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 | thank you for the help, the pipe goes straight back. I picked up the exhaust system from a place called "Classic Exnaust" I found them on the internet. The exhaust is suppose to be made to OEM specs. But when I recieved the pipes and muffler I noticed that the back part of the pipe that comes out of the muffler and goes over the axle seems to be bent more to the left (towards the center of the frame looking to the rear of the truck) then to the right when I put it on the inside between the shock and axle. But if I run it between the shock and leaf spring it seems to go near the factory hanger. But the pipe looks to cramped when I put it between the shock and leaf spring. When I picked up the truck it did not have the whole exhaust system on it just the front pipe that went to the muffler. And the pipe was held up by a piece of wire. So I was hoping someone may still have a truck with the stock 235 and the stock exhaust and could post a picture of the exhaust where it goes over the axle.
Last edited by tracern1; 03/31/2011 2:02 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | look closely at figs 7&8 ... goes over the axle outboard of the shock, then judging from the assembly manual it goes to the outside of the frame .... OEM specs for replacement pipes may differ from what what was done at the factory Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 | thank you for all the help on the exhaust system. And thanks for the pic of the exhaust going over the axle Squeeze. I figured out what the problem was with the pipe. The folks who made up the exhaust at Classic Exhaust bent the rear of the pipe the wrong way. They had it bent opposite to the center of the frame after it goes over the axle instead of going out to the outside of the drivers side of the frame. I called them and they are suppose to be sending me the right pipe (I hope). great forum thanks
Last edited by tracern1; 03/31/2011 5:13 PM.
| | |
| |
| |