The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (GDW, Gdads51, Shade Baby, Shaffer's1950, 3B, 1 invisible), 143 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,459
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#733770 03/27/2011 11:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
I am going to use a pre 54 hood on my 54 pickup. Best that I can tell the hoods were generally all the same from 47-54 except for the holes to mount the hood badge. Could anyone tell me the locations of the 2 outermost holes (from the side and the bottom) for a 54 hood badge so I get it placed in the correct location? I would greatly appreciate it.

Walt Williams
La Verkin, UT

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
Walt,

I guess I am not quite sure I understand your question. First of all are you using the '54 hood badge? Secondly, if you are, does it still have the studs on it? Is the hood painted and you don't want to use the badge as a locator or something? I have an original '54 here, but to measure the locations is not an easy task when assembled.
Maybe someone out there has a disassembled one that could measure that for you. How about it folks?
Dave

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
2
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
I'll take some measurements from my 55 1st series this evening as I have a hood off.

Joe

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
2
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Made a template. Send me your address and I'll put in the mail.

email me at [email protected]

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
I am using a pre-54 hood which had a different hood badge, and thus holes for that hood badge in different spots. As I am now prepping the hood for paint I thought this would be the best time to mark and drill the badge holes in the correct locations and weld up the old ones. I also found a decent 54 pickup hood ornament for a decent price and the accessory installation manual shown its mounting measurements from the top of the mounted (54) hood badge. I simply want the hood to look right by having its attached items located in the correct places.

Walt Williams
La Verkin, UT


Last edited by 54Belair; 03/30/2011 11:34 AM.
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
PM sent with mailing address.

Thanks
Walt

Last edited by 54Belair; 03/30/2011 11:36 PM.
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
2
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Didn't find the PM. Can you email me the infor to:

[email protected]

Joe-(28 Graham)

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
I received the template. Many thanks.

My truck actually had a GMC hood on it the was bungee corded down.

---------> Stovebolters are the best <------------

Walt Williams
La Verkin, UT


Last edited by 54Belair; 04/15/2011 3:00 PM.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Walt,

1954 Chevrolet truck?

pre-1954 GMC hood or pre-1954 Chevrolet truck hood?

1954 Chevrolet truck hood front-emblem or 1954 GMC front-emblem?


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0