| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana),
135
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 | Just wondering about the history of this item. I recently was lucky enough to acquire one purely by accident. I went to a fella's house with a friend to pick up a 40 COE he had purchased and amongst all of the sellers "treasures" I spied this frame. Long story short, I managed to buy it for my 46 project. I have seen a couple before but very few and was wondering why they are seemingly so scarce. Mine does need some repair (one hole drilled through the frame and extra holes added for the hinges need to be welded up) but I took a chance an offered him $150 for it and took it home. I don't know if that was good or bad, but it was worth it to me!
Chuck | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 | Hi CayoRV, I have one of those windshields also. There was a question on here I think about a year ago on the aluminum windshield frames. They are an early Aftermarket replacement that were available through JC. Whitney, back in the late 60's or early 70's.
Jeff
Last edited by JeffL; 03/27/2011 2:14 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | And that is a lot of $$$$$ | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 | I guess it might seem a little high $ wise but my original was rusted out in 2 spots and swelled up from rust scale in several places. I did find a couple steel ones that would have been usable but they also needed some work and the prices were nearly as much. I figure the aluminum one will add a little shine to the old gal anyway. I wondered if it was an aftermarket thing though as I have seen so few of them. Thanks for the info.
| | |
| |
| |