The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#732233 03/22/2011 7:54 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
How does the strip go on...The cowl strip has a bead or raised surface on top and a channel on the bottom...the truck has a channel where the anti-squeak strip goes...so do I mate the raised part into the channel or put channel to channel ?
Thanks


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hey Jimmy V ,
just installed mine and the raised bead goes into the recess bead channel , so when finished installing there will be a small U running in the middle of the strip that U will c.
Good luck,
Mike
1948 5w/sb.Cheby

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
Thanks mike...thats what I thought..


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
BTW, Sweeeeeeeeet truck!
How did you go so low without bags?

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
Thanks alot,I really love Jaunita...it was love at first site...I have no clue how or why she sits like she does...Al I know is I like it. The PO put air shocks on the rear...I haven't put air in them to try..I'm not going to haul anything,I have my 2500HD for that. She's purely for looks. Again thanks for the comments. I now have to back out into the shop and figure out how to get snapped bolts out of the hood...50 yr old bolts and a 1/4 turn too much.
Thanks


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0