The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WICruiser, baldeagle, Peggy M), 214 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,214
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#731927 03/21/2011 8:52 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
got the 50 running - but I have no clutch pedal- only resistance is the return spring ( removed the inspection cover and the fork an throwout bearing all move but i get nothing.
I don't even get any residual drag from the spining clutch- i can shift gears with the engine running pedal out and get no grinding - like the two are completely disconnected.
I've if a clutch slipped I;ve always had at least some drag
thoughts??


50 chevy 2-ton dump
71 C-20 Suburban 402/400
72 C-10 Suburban 350/3-speed
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
Did you have the transmission out? How long did it set since it ran? Do you know why it was parked?

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
No I haven't had the trans out, yet. actually is still sitting on the trailer, (easier to get underneath) and we still had snow on the ground till last week here in MI.
don't know either, Bought the truck from a guy in MO, was an old guy down the roads truck was running till mid late nineties then sat in a open shed. don't know why it was parked.
fairly obvious that its was kept inside most its life the underside, cab, frame and mechanicals are clean and solid.

I have Heard of complete clutch diaphram failures but never seen one. I was hoping to get some ideas before rolling it off and commencing to tear into it.


50 chevy 2-ton dump
71 C-20 Suburban 402/400
72 C-10 Suburban 350/3-speed

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0