| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,260 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 3 | I Have A 1961 Chevy 1/2 Ton With Torsion Bar Front Suspension. I Would Like To Replace With Airbags. Can Someone Please Tell Me What I Have To Do | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 | I think at first you're going to have to change the front cross member a 1/2 full size Chevy or GMC from 1975-1982 (check years) with coils bolts right in. Then you have the foundadtion for the bags. I sure there are after markets you can buy, but going Junk Yard Diving will be the cheapest way, That way you can break it down and clean everything up as you go.
Others know more than me on it. Jake
Last edited by V-6 Fix Modelman; 03/21/2011 12:50 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 64 | 60-62 have torsion bars in the front. they can be switched out with 63-87 front cross members which have coils. starting with 71, you get 5 lug disk brakes with them
everybody is ignorant @ something.the more we work together, the less ignorance there is floating around
| | |
| |
| |