The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI), 87 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,706
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#729546 03/13/2011 8:01 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Hello. Now that it's a bit warmer I'm back to tinkering. Does anyone have any pics of the battery holder on a '36? Mine's located under the passenger side and will need to be replaced. If I could see a shot of that area, either with or without a battery, it would be helpful.
Thanks!!
Jeff

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
Jeff,
If you don't get a photo by the end of the week, I can send one along when my kids are back with their cameras. I just rebuilt the battery box in my '36 low cab. Does yours have a 235 in it by chance ? I'm puzzling over how best to modify the cross frames to put one in. David

Last edited by dmart; 03/14/2011 12:08 AM.
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Thanks David!
No, the engine is actually a '39 216 instead of the original. I'm sure that there are many people here that can answer that question for you. The Stovebolt is a great source of info!!
Also, just curious...what gauge battery cable did you use? And how long? Mine has been modified with a dash starter, so the batt cable will run up to the relay on firewall. It's a bit longer.
Thanks!!
Jeff

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
Jeff,
The 216 I believe is the same length as the 235 which is an inch plus shorter than the original 206. Can you tell how the cross frames were modified ?
On the battery cable, are you running a 6 or 12 volt starter ? The 6 will require a larger wire. Lenght should not be an issue going to the firewall.I just go by eye with what I have around but will see if I can pin down some actual recommended sizes.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Oops...forgot to mention that I'm going with the original 6V system. An 80-yr-old friend of ours said we need to go with "double-ought" gauge batt cable or it wont start well. He was a mechanic on these old trucks when they were still on the road!
Let me look thru my pics and check on the cross frame. If I don't have a good shot, I'll get one. From the looks of it, whatever mod that may have been done was done a very long time ago.

Jeff

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
Thanks. Send me a PM if I forget to get you the photos of the batt. box this weekend.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
He's right on the battery cables--the heavier the better!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
David,
Hi. I sent u a pm earlier. I have a few shots of the crossmember for you. I can e-mail them to your e-mail address, or download them here.

Jeff


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0