| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,463 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 | I have a 1941 Chevy pickup. I am converting it to V8. Decided to go with a Mustang II setup to drop the front end.
Problem I have is not fitting the engine and Muncie 4spd into the truck. Plenty of room. My problem is what do with the pedals? I need gas, clutch and brakes. Existing assembly bolts to existing engine and tranny. Not going to do that with the new setup.
Are there any conversions out there? Suggestions? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 | Check out the suppliers web sites. Plenty of options. Or rob the set up from a doner rig. Search this site for lots of options.I'm still searching for pedals my self.
These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.
1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel 1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 | Goneagain I have the full pedal setup from the 216. What I am looking for is a kit to add pedals; clutch, brake and gas to the 1941. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 | goneagain,
What supplier's website? I have looked all over Stovebolt and cannot find anything labled supplier? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 | look in the links at the top of the page.
Tommy 59 apache 1/2t 261 short stepside | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 | I don't think you will find a kit made specifically for your truck.Check out Classic Performance Products for brake master cylinder and pedals.Should be able to use stock v8 clutch linkage with a little modification.Or you can find an 80s chevy van to rob parts from.
These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.
1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel 1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 | Well, can't blame a guy for hoping. I have already been to Classic Performance. Apparently my vehicle is too old for them. It is just thin firewall between the cab and engine and there is nothing to mount pedals or anything to. I need to find a fabricator or get one of the many people I have emailed that put V8's in their trucks to let me in on the secret. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | My '40 uses the " sub-frame" brake assembly from a '68 Chevy Van, bolted thru the firewall. Includes the brake booster, master cylinder on the engine side, and the subframe assembly under the dash that mounts the brake pedal ( truck has TH 350 Auto trans ) but you should be able to add clutch pedal I would think. Gas pedal is a separate firewall mounted unit from Billet Accessories. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 21 | Britcon, I feel very stupid right now. Ha Ha. I have the '86 Chevy truck we took the engine and tranny out of to build for this. Sitting right there staring at me. I really never thought of retro fitting that into this truck. I guess I figured I would be able to find a kit as I find so many other ingenious fabrications on the market.
Your comment makes great sense. Thank you. It will be interesting to see if the brake booster / master cylinder fit. If so it will be great. The clutch cylinder should be really easy as long as I can use the assembly from under the dash on the '86.
Thanks guys. | | |
| |
| |