The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, Gdads51, Hanks custodian, MikeStone1953, Shaffer's1950, Biermann), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,084
Posts1,056,334
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#730211 03/15/2011 8:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Hi all, poking in again with a question:

Have a crumpled rear fender I'd like to either get repaired, or replace and swap/sell away. Been looking for original used ones, but haven't found much in condition better than the one I have now.

Plan to chop it and reverse for mounting of the spare tire on the passenger side of the truck, (I know originally this was a driver's side mount, but garage logistics prevent it) and I'm curious if the 'mfgd to OEM specs' on some parts really means anything. Fiberglass is NOT an option.

Opinions/suggested sources appreciated!

As always, thanks in advance!

michelle

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
Where in Texas are you Michelle?

Jimbos59chevy sells alot of original parts out of his backyard and also has a ebay store. You can check with him. Last time I looked he had several front and rear fenders for AD pickups.

Last edited by cletis; 03/15/2011 11:18 PM. Reason: removed Ebay link

58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
I was going to suggest just that!

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
Haha beat ya to it Dan!


58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Thanks for the quick answer!

I've checked jimbo from time to time - but either he doesn't get the rear fenders often, or they sell before I can snag one. There's one (different seller) on ebay now, but it's got a tear. The fender I have has some creases or light folds near the bottom rim. (tow damage; broke the rear axle and Mabel had to be 'rolled' onto the flatbed on the fender.)


Have been quoted astronomical sum to repair the fender, so looking for a replacement. Maybe I just need to visit more body shops.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I bought my rear fenders from a local guy that sells Dynacorn products and they fit good and look stock.I would use them on all my trucks,I'm starting a 53 GMC soon.Also the price was good to.But that was a year ago.

Go on the Dynacorn web site and they have a dealer finder,just put you're zip in.

Pete

Last edited by Pete52; 03/15/2011 11:47 PM.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Thanks Pete! There's a dealer in my zip code, so will try him/her tomorrow. The address is a residence though.

I appreciate the help!

~ mabel & michelle

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Just a comment about your spare going on the passenger side. It is a good idea. I had a 53 with it on the driver's side and as I was driving solo 90% of the time, my weight plus the weight of the wheel/tire made the truck lean. I ended up putting extra leaves in the driver's side rear spring. Frankly I never liked it as it seemed to be in the way.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Mine was to ,turned out to be a nice guy and I've bought alot of other parts from him.

Pete


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0