| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,230 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 98 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 98 | How hard is it to replace the pitman shaft bushing? Can I just pull out the pitman without messing with the steering shaft?
The box adjusted up just fine but the pitman shaft end moves just enough to make it a serious effort to keep the truk in the correct lane. Thanks, John
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,803 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,803 | Nope, unfortunately, the output (Pitman) shaft is the last thing you take out of the box on a complete disassembly. Some boxes have a bushing, while others have a needle bearing in that position. I'm not sure which one you're likely to find in yours. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 98 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 98 | Took it to a local shop they cleaned it up and replaced the output shaft bushings and adjusted it. Made a substantial improvement in my ability to keep it on my lane of the road. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | John, Do you have any photos of your COE, anywhere on the web. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 98 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 98 | Only photo of my truck on the web is at HOTRODGARAGE.NET Look for stock# 1155 under the SOLD heading. Thats before I cleaned it up.
I will try to send you a photo by email and you welcome to post it anywheres you like. I`d post it here but I`m not that talented. I did get it driveable and registered two weeks ago but theres still lots to do. Biggest issue I`m dealing with is a leaky rear main seal and re assembling the doors. Those flexible window channels arent that flexible and are turing into a real Bicth.
| | |
| |
| |