| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,464 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 84 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 84 | I have a 59 Chevy 1/2 ton and I'm looking for the 2 metal tab, fork looking things that attach to the wheel cylinders and push out towards the brake shoes... Here is a link to LMC and in the picture its the 2 things that are grayed out next to the wheel cylinder. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ca/full.aspx?Page=85What the heck are these things called and does anybody know of a place I can get them. I think I might have ( but still not sure) thrown them away by accident. Please somebody help me. Josh | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 | Luckily I have them on my 58 but the springs that go on the end of them are just as hard to find. It's part of the emergency brake system. When you pull the parking brake in the cab it pulls the brake cable and lever at the back and with the help of that part pushes the brake out to the drum. If you find an old rear in a junk yard you can get them. Larry
58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,636 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,636 | Are talking about the push rods that come out of the wheel cylinder, or the e-brake bar that is lower? I get the idea you're hunting the pins for the wheel cylinder, not the brake bar.
If so, might could get on Raybestos website and look at their illustrated guide. Or go to your local parts store and look in their illustrated guide. Should be available. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 | I believe Roy is correct, it sounds like he's looking for the wheel cylinder push rods. I re-used my old ones so I don't have any spares.
Allan ----- 1951 GMC 1/2-ton Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 | Check with your local NAPA and see if they list them if not try Chester Avenue brake I believe in Bakersfield, you want the links between the clinder and the shoes. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 84 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 84 | Thanks for the responses everybody, I'm looking for the push rods that come out of the wheel cylinder. I have found a couple listed for other makes and models of older cars and trucks but what I'm concerned about is the size of theme. Seems to me that the ones for my truck should be a certain length. I just don't want to run out and buy the wrong ones.
Last edited by JAWDY; 03/10/2011 11:12 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 | good luck at the parts stores and the dealership. I ended up making one for my rear axel. It will work till I can find one in a junkyard. Larryw
58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 | Hello,
Are you looking for Brake Wheel Cylinder Thrust Rod if so, you can many of the hard to find parts from Corvette Central. Many of the 1950's 60's corvette used the same parts. Call corvette central(1-800-345-4122) and they will cross the part number for you. I have bought break parts for my 53, 54 and 58 Chevy trucks there and they are the exact match. Remember when you need a part, a hard to find part, think outside the box, the parts you are looking for are out there somewhere and chances are the part you're looking for was used on another model vehicle. :-)
Last edited by cletis; 03/11/2011 7:47 PM. Reason: removed Ebay reference
Chevytruckdaddy
| | |
| |
| |