The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Donf, Gray_Ghost, rfs56trk), 149 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,693
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 244
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 244
I have a rochester B on a 235 engine and only runs when choked. It seems to run ok when choked but I assume somewhere it is getting to much air. Any ideas on how to correct this problem or figure out what causes it.

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Sounds like the main jet circuit is plugged somehow. Take the carb apart and blow brakeclean thru all the passages then blow it out with air.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 63
M
MLT Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 63
Aren't the rochesters notorious for warpage too? I'm just repeating what I read, but the logic made sense when I read it. Something to do with the number of screws on the housing vs a Carter w-1... I just sent my Rochester off to
Be rebuilt. It's always run pretty good I thought, but I've never had anything else.

Good luck, I'm sure the experts here will figure it out for you. Amazing wealth of knowledge here.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. I would plug the wiper fitting. The hose going to the wiper motor is a common place for vacuum leaks. If that makes no difference, try spraying something like WD40 where the carb meets the manifold and were the manifold meets the head, If the exhaust smokes white, you have found a vacuum leak.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
Do you have a fuel filter? If it is plugged it may also cause this.
Jason

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
you may have a clogged fuel line. I ended up putting in a new tank cause my lines kept cloggin with rust. did not even make it to the filter. was the pickup tube that clogged.


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0