| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (52Carl, Wayne67vert, 53 green 1- ton, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy),
67
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,713 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 244 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 244 | I have a rochester B on a 235 engine and only runs when choked. It seems to run ok when choked but I assume somewhere it is getting to much air. Any ideas on how to correct this problem or figure out what causes it. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 2 | Sounds like the main jet circuit is plugged somehow. Take the carb apart and blow brakeclean thru all the passages then blow it out with air. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 63 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 63 | Aren't the rochesters notorious for warpage too? I'm just repeating what I read, but the logic made sense when I read it. Something to do with the number of screws on the housing vs a Carter w-1... I just sent my Rochester off to Be rebuilt. It's always run pretty good I thought, but I've never had anything else.
Good luck, I'm sure the experts here will figure it out for you. Amazing wealth of knowledge here. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. I would plug the wiper fitting. The hose going to the wiper motor is a common place for vacuum leaks. If that makes no difference, try spraying something like WD40 where the carb meets the manifold and were the manifold meets the head, If the exhaust smokes white, you have found a vacuum leak. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 83 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 83 | Do you have a fuel filter? If it is plugged it may also cause this. Jason | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 291 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 291 | you may have a clogged fuel line. I ended up putting in a new tank cause my lines kept cloggin with rust. did not even make it to the filter. was the pickup tube that clogged. | | |
| |
| |