The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (KEVINSKI, Nick in Manitou, FishinToms53, mick53), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,353
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 388
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 388
Alternator Wiring

Before I started restoration, I converted to alternator from generator. Pics in the link shows the simple wiring, the yellow wire goes to S terminal in stater solenoid. I installed everything back and the red wire is not giving me any power. At the most truck would have had 100 hr. I checked all wiring are tight. What else I can check. I am trying to avoid removing the alternator to do bench test.

Any thoughts please

Appreciated
Ganesh

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy smokey_truck, does it not charge even after you rev the engine up? Check the alternator output terminal for voltage with the engine off, there should be twelve volts there and at the plug terminal which is also attached to the output terminal. Also check the yellow wire terminal for power while cranking the engine. If these checks show no problems, then the alternator has problems, hope that helps.

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 295
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 295
Get diagram of alternator.
Remove and put on bench
You should be able to exite it with a couple flashlite batteries
You can spin it with a drill on the bench to see if it even works

With engine running what is voltage at the S terminal?

Dan Bentler


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0