| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 36 | been running my 59 (55 motor) out of a gas can while I restored the tank. Ran all day long. Put the tank in today ran about 2 min shut off now it seems the pump quit working. Took it off bench tested with a vaccum gauge and I get about 3 psi pumping it by hand, put it on the motor and I only have 1/2 psi. I thought the tube in the tank may have been clogged, but I doubled checked that it was fine, even retested with all that disconnected and still only have 1/2 psi. Could the lobe on the cam be worn that much or the arm on the pump? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 36 | Stupid question fuel pump install with the glass bowl up or down? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 | The glass bowl should be up | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I don't think it'll go on with the bowl down. If you can do that (never tried mounting it upside down) it wouldn't seal the hole in the side of the block and you'd be leaking oil like crazy.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | |
| |
| |