The rear drums on the 58 2.5 ton that I'm working on would turn a little, but the inside lip wouldn't come past the shoes - a common problem. Of course the starwheels were stuck and even if they weren't stuck the chances of seized cylinders preventing inward movement were high, as the truck's been sitting for 30 yrs. I used a small hydraulic jack to get the drums off: place the base of the jack horizontally against the side of the leaf springs; rotate jack until you get it to pump up, as most such jacks won't work horizontal exc. in certain positions; place top of jack against inside of wheel spokes if you have Daytons or against a solid slab of steel bolted to the drum and projecting past it; put pressure to the jack, first on one side of the drum, then the other (back & forth), and the drum popped easily past the edge of the shoes. No prybars needed, and no sweat or cursing - I was amazed at how easy this method worked. Hope this helps someone out there.