The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (jal12147, F100Ranger, NJC, Bruce 1954-4100, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,338
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
I have a 1964 GMC 1500 longbed stepside. The driver's side door handle was pretty wobbly. (and the window cranked hard, but that's another post)

So I took it apart to check it out.
Here's what I found, a broken assembly in a couple of places.

So I took it apart, fired up the MIG, and melted some metal. Put it all back together... oops, how did that go together again? OK, so I took the passenger side panel off to see (and one there is broken too). Got it all buttoned up, and the door wouldn't open from the inside! After some head scratching I figured it out. I just mounted it as far forward as I could, and that made all the difference. It's like butter now! Here's a pic before I figured it out. Compare that to the first one, and you can see the difference.

Anyway, I figured I'd share this for anyone else who may run across it.


There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
thumbs_up


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0