| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 | Hello Stovebolts.. Neat site... I own a late sixties GMC/Chev shortwide that is actually 4 trucks put together, but the truck I'm working on now is a 1957 Dayton T. Brown. It's all aluminum with GMC running gear incl. auto trans w/ od, power assist brakes, def, heat, slider doors etc. and a six cylinder engine. We have the original manufacturer pamphlet but the company has gone into aerospace etc and can't wont give any info on their previous lives.... Anyway let me know what u think doughorvathmyspace
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/26/2025 9:19 PM. Reason: none
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 | Oh sorry, My name is Doug and the Dayton is a friend of mines. Just found this site so I thought I'd show it to you and see what the.... thx dj | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Welcome Doug. That is an interesting truck. I hope he plans to keep it stock. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 | Oh absolutly stock. We don't know too much about it except what it says in the manufacturer pamphlet. It is all al body with wrap around window in front slider doors on both sides and swing open on the back. It has the hydrovac brakes and 3sp auto w/ od. I'm not sure which one of the sixes it has but it is GMC. It has the eight lug wheels so I think it's a one ton. Straight axle front end and reg rear with 8x19.5 tires/wheels. We only have one of the original GMC hubcaps | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | Welcome to the stovebolt! Here is some GMC ENGINE INFORMATION This might help you identify the engine. Post some more pictures of the truck!  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 | Doug, I am on L.I. and they are headquartered here,in Bohemia,N.Y. They are one of our customers/accounts. We have a truck there every day,either picking up or delivering Google it to see if its the same Co. Hope this helps, regards Steve Sr. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 | I'm not sure what you mean by being on LI. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | LI means Long Island, where the current Brown company resides .... no help to you
hard to tell anything from that pic, but you [he] appear to have a GM based delivery van commonly bodied by 3rd party specialty companies .... likely be basicly a 3/4 or 1T Chev or GMC chassis delivered to the body maker as a chassis only model [3500 = 3/4T, 3700 = 1T], so the chassis and mechanical would be covered by the 57 shop manual, for the body and interior detail you're on your own if the company has 'disowned' their previous life, but the dash [gauges and controls] might be GMC or Chev
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 22 | yes it will be kept stock by the way the 55 GMC w/ the questions about the gauges is not the same vehicle. I seem to get myself into helping lots of folks w/ their trucks. I personnaly own a 69/70/71 short wide w/a 69 GMC front clip and 70 3/4 GMC running gear w/ the chev box and frame from a 71 w/ disc fronts thanks doug | | |
| |
| |