| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,353 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#71726 01/15/2007 8:29 PM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 | Does anybody have any pictures on a 216 motor with a double or triple Carburetor setup? I was on a couple of days ago and a guy had some great pictures of his setup...I can't remember where I was....I was just doing my homework before I get started... | | |
#71727 01/15/2007 9:25 PM | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | You can click on the link below to see a set-up I just finished for my 235. I moved the 2 outboard carbs in a little for clearance. Check the firewall clearance carefully, if you get an Offy manifold the carb flange is directly in line with the intake port so make sure it will work. I had to modify the fender brace to go around the carb on my '53. Have fun! | | |
#71728 01/15/2007 9:56 PM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 | How does it run...Do you get more horsepower out of it...Gas mileage..does it eat alot..I noticed your choke is connected to the middle one...what about your throttle cable? My 51 looks like yours but a little lower to ground....and not a 5 window | | |
#71729 01/15/2007 10:03 PM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 | Forgot where did you get your air cleaners at? and carb set up at? I'm thinking about doing a double? I like your triple but one less carb to buy. | | |
#71730 01/15/2007 10:56 PM | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | Holcomb; got the carbs from e-bay, the air cleaners from Chev's of the 40's. Right now I've got the outboard carbs blocked, only running on the center, so - gas mileage is good! Throttle linkage is stock and I built a linkage so that all carbs open at the same time. Whole set-up cost less than $100 but I haven't rebuilt the other 2 carbs yet. My truck sits a little lower front and rear than the pictures show. | | |
#71731 01/15/2007 11:44 PM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 | Thankyou for that...I will look into those air cleaners when it get closer...mine sits low...due to the fact that the guy took out leafs and heated them up....for a long time my rear sat on the frame...which is pretty low...I have air shocks in the back which gave me 2 1/2 inches of room...at least its not sitting on the frame anymore. | | |
| |
| |