The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
Does anybody have any pictures on a 216 motor with a double or triple Carburetor setup? I was on a couple of days ago and a guy had some great pictures of his setup...I can't remember where I was....I was just doing my homework before I get started...


1951 3100
http://community.webshots.com/user/HolcombRacing11

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
You can click on the link below to see a set-up I just finished for my 235. I moved the 2 outboard carbs in a little for clearance. Check the firewall clearance carefully, if you get an Offy manifold the carb flange is directly in line with the intake port so make sure it will work. I had to modify the fender brace to go around the carb on my '53. Have fun!

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
How does it run...Do you get more horsepower out of it...Gas mileage..does it eat alot..I noticed your choke is connected to the middle one...what about your throttle cable? My 51 looks like yours but a little lower to ground....and not a 5 window


1951 3100
http://community.webshots.com/user/HolcombRacing11

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
Forgot where did you get your air cleaners at? and carb set up at? I'm thinking about doing a double? I like your triple but one less carb to buy.


1951 3100
http://community.webshots.com/user/HolcombRacing11

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
Holcomb; got the carbs from e-bay, the air cleaners from Chev's of the 40's. Right now I've got the outboard carbs blocked, only running on the center, so - gas mileage is good! Throttle linkage is stock and I built a linkage so that all carbs open at the same time. Whole set-up cost less than $100 but I haven't rebuilt the other 2 carbs yet.
My truck sits a little lower front and rear than the pictures show.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 108
Thankyou for that...I will look into those air cleaners when it get closer...mine sits low...due to the fact that the guy took out leafs and heated them up....for a long time my rear sat on the frame...which is pretty low...I have air shocks in the back which gave me 2 1/2 inches of room...at least its not sitting on the frame anymore.


1951 3100
http://community.webshots.com/user/HolcombRacing11

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0