The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Jay R, Gray_Ghost), 157 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
what are my options?? I really dont want to change the rear/i like the 6 lug i have now. are there any R/P kits, 3rd members that fit from other cars/trucks..??


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
You can get a set of 3.35 gears from Patricks in Arizona. I used one and am very happy with it.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 33
T
Geezer
Geezer
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 33
I looked at this for a GM 55T axle & found the same.. Randys has a 3.38 ratio for, are you ready, $552.13..

I am keeping the 3.90 & going with a 700R4 tranny.. this will give me 2230 RPM @ 70 MPH...

About the same money, but I would rather spend it on the tranny...

Good luck,

TC


1966 C20 LWB, 327 4 Bbl., 4 Speed
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
I guess I look at it differently thirdcoast. That money also includes new bearings, seals, etc so it was worth it to rebuild a 50 year old rear end and upgrade at the same time.

I have a tremec TKO 500 in my future as well.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0