The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (UtahYork), 117 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 30
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 30
I am in the process of a front end tear down on my '59 1/2 ton Apache. I will be sending off my OEM axle to Sid... http://www.droppedaxles.com/ for a 3" drop. I currently have non-power discs on the front....my understanding is that some folks with power discs up front opt for Sid to modify the axle to allow for clearance on these brake set-ups....I believe it is referred to as a "narrow" version axle mod. I think that is a H.A.M.B nomenclature...not a Sid nomenclature.

Questions are.....

1) Are you folks running 3" and/or 4" (standard) drops from from Sid along with your front disc brakes(manual or power) without any clearance issues?

2) Where is the actual interference that warrants this "narrow" version from Sid?

3) Do the "narrow versions from Sid apply to power discs only and not manual discs?

Thanks,

Chuck

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 35
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 35
You can run disc brakes on the stock axle or the narrow version. If you want the axle narrowed it's personal preferance. Some disc kits widen the front end 1/2" per side. I offer a narrowed axle only if the guy wants to keep his front end the stock width with disc brakes. Also some guys are wanting to run wheels with more offset to the out side and like the wheels pulled in a little. I sell mostly the stock width axles. They seem to be most popular


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0