Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,436 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 20 | Have '51 3100 Chevy and need to replace the side window anti rattle strip on inner door moulding. Was originally held in place by staples. Any suggestions on how to attach new one (from LMC)? Pop rivits? Don't want to scratch glass as it goes up and down. Ray
Blue51
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I glued mine in placed to the stainless. Clamped overnight Installed the staples that came in the kit. Bent staple tabs over with homemade jig. (small piece of metal and needle nose vice grips) Pic...click... I’ve read others driving very small screws from hardware store. They say the screw head will rest below the felt. You may have to cut the screw length with a dremil tool to get the trim to fit in the door. Read step 10 here..click.. Good Luck | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | We used stapes on the sweeps on my '38. The vendors also sell tiny screws that some use as noted by DADS50. Personally I'd be a bit leery of using an adhesive. That could make future removal an issue if it ever becomes necessary.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 20 | Enjoyed your photo album. Have same visor and put on front discs as well. I got new wheels with 4" backspace instead of using spacer to get around calipher/wheel jamming problem. Looks good.
Blue51
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Thanks
I had ordered the correct wheels for the disc kit, But due to the dishonest people at Stockton Wheel. I have to use spacers.
The adhesive I used can be removed with razor blade. and cleaned up with acetone. It was mainly used to hold the piece in place while working on the staples. I transferred the existing staple holes to the new piece. It is not easy to bent those staples over. When I removed the piece of the original rattle strip it looked like it had some sort of adheasive backing.
I also like the look of the visor on the AD trucks. I returned the truck to stock height and removed the visor for now. Thanks again and Good Luck
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I'm happy to hear you used a light weight adhesive. I can just imagine the future cussing that would happen if you'd used epoxy or the like. 
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 124 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 124 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 89 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 89 | just did this. I used the orig holes in the trim/felt to match up to the new part from classic and drilled. Use a nail in each hole as you drill to keep them all lined up. I made my own staples out of mechanics/bailing wire and used a pair of needle nose to set the staples. the felt is thick enough that the wire staple is well below the felt. no worries.
it ain't YOURS 'till it ain't stock!
1951 chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 |
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | I used really small sheet metal screws ... did both doors twice (second time, recently, after new paint job) ... and it works great -- easy, too!
Alan
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 | Alan, do you know the size sheet metal screws you used ? Did you have to drill the old staple holes bigger or make new holes ?
I used the old heavy staples but... It worked, but when I get a new paint job I would not go that route...
1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
| | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | I don't know what size ... just the smallest flat head sheet metal screws on the shelf. They're only about 3/16 inches long ... I used a small drill bit (the size of the inner *shaft* of the screw) and drilled through the felt, into the window trim.
The screw gets buried in the felt, so you can't even see it, and if you ever want to replace the felts, it sure makes easy work of it.
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 |
1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Step 10 in Alans tip say's he used a #4 sheet metal screw | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 20 | Thanks for all the input on putting anti-rattle strips on. Sounds tricky. But then again so was swapping up to the 235 engine, putting disc brakes on, and all the other things needed to get this thing running and pretty. Ray
Blue51
| | |
| |