The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (J Lucas, Barry Martak, Lonnie, GusG, Nick in Manitou, TexasJim50, klhansen, Southerntruck, 1 invisible), 121 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,428
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
I have to patch a couple areas on my 46 fram and was wondering what the correct thickness of the frame material is and whether its better to use sheet or angle iron for the patches.

Dean

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
The frame steel is .140" thick, I would use sheet, angle iron doesn't look even close, the web gets thicker and would never match the existing frame properly.


1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Sometimes I forget where I left myself....
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
I need sections to fix the back of the frame including where the back spring bracket hangs. You have any from that area let me know how we can work it Thanks
Dean

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 93
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 93
You could also try the yellow pages for the nearest steal fab. shop near you, and get some channel iron (11/2x6x 11/2ins.)check out your frame, them you could slip it over the frame and make a lap joint instead of a but weld. Plenty of steal and plenty strong...Paul

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
Joe
I am still interested in the frame parts could you send me some photos or other information sounds lazy but I have limited experience with this type of rebuild but want to say I did it myself. My email is polaschdAembarqmail.com

Dean


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0