The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
As much as I tried to keep it together, it sprung on me. I need help with my assembly! (55 235 1st) I gently layed it on my work bench, turned around for whatever reason, and when I got back to it, it was in two pieces, actually three! it separated at the center rocker arm shaft. There are two big washers and two conical springs in that specific area, and I don't know the orientation of said parts. Does someone have an exploded view of the assembly? the center piece being where the oil tube is connected. Thanks,

Kato

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Kato,

Do you have a Shop Manual? There is a 1955-1st Supplement that goes with the 1954 Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual

Maybe this page in the 1954 Shop Manual will help?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
This has some good info. LINK


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
Tclederman and Pre'68dave,

I want to thank you guys for the quick response and links! I do own a Shop Manual, except we cleaned out the garage over the weekend and the wife, who likes to pick things up and move them somewhere to her liking, placed it in one of the boxes we stored...Anyways, looked it over and now I can continue working on my truck!

Thanks again,

Kato

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I have my rocker asssembly out on the bench if you want a picture. Dave


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
Homer52,

I'll take all the help I can get! Can you post a link here?

Thanks,

Kato

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
Here is all the pics of My 235 rocker shaft torn apart and assembled. Hope it helps as a referance.

Go to the bottom of the page at this link.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3364051/1959-chevrolet-apache/page-3

Last edited by GrandpasTruck; 01/12/2011 8:19 PM.

1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 72
GrandpasTruck,

Great looking truck in the making! Pics are always of great help too. Pics do help and Thanks for sharing for all to see.

Kato

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 6
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 6
Good stuff! Kato..(if your still around) I'm laughing my tail off to your wife moving stuff comment. It hits home. Soo funny!

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
My wife does'nt move my truck parts unless she finds them where they don't belong.

If you want to see an 'exploded view' of a rocker assembly, let your wife find it in the dish washer.

Last edited by twotone; 04/25/2015 9:53 PM.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0