The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (tclederman, Jon G, 68ironhead, 3B, GMCJammer51, DuckRancher, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 135 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,245
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#707020 12/29/2010 4:31 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Newbie here. I have an opportunity to buy a 5 window '51 GMC. It is a complete truck with the exception of the hood. There is a hood nearby (there are several hoods laying around) that has GMC 100 script. Since everything is in rust patina and I can't match paint I am assuming this is the correct hood? Several other Chevy hoods are available but I would like to try and match the GMC hood. I know there are some differences.
thanks, bill

p.s. this individual has several other trucks, 1/2 ton shortbed, 3/4 longbed and big bolts, multiple years. I think they are all for sale, all are complete trucks (no financial connection here, just seeing if there is any interest and can pass on the contact number)

Last edited by bsccp; 12/29/2010 4:40 AM.
bsccp #707026 12/29/2010 4:49 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
a chevy hood and a gmc hood are diffrent in the very frount also big bolt hoods wont fit,a little bolt gmc fenders are diffrent also to use chevy you have to change the whole clip


ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to,
Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
AND A MARINE
trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0