| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 45 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 45 | What year did GM go to the dowel pin type lock on the lower half of the main bearings? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Maybe I don't understand your question, but up until 1962 Chev used dowel lock on the lower mains. It is the upper bearing that changed in mid 1955 from dowel to tang lock. I'm assuming you are asking about 6 cylinders.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 45 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 45 | Sorry I wasn't more specific; I am working on a 1962 261 six cylinder. I has the tang upper and dowel pin lower main bearings. I was thinking the change was from tang to dowel rather than the other way.
Thanks Dave; you gave me the answer to my question. Mid '55 | | |
| |
| |