The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 179 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706896 12/28/2010 7:07 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 45
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 45
What year did GM go to the dowel pin type lock on the lower half of the main bearings?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Maybe I don't understand your question, but up until 1962 Chev used dowel lock on the lower mains. It is the upper bearing that changed in mid 1955 from dowel to tang lock.
I'm assuming you are asking about 6 cylinders.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 45
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 45
Sorry I wasn't more specific; I am working on a 1962 261 six cylinder. I has the tang upper and dowel pin lower main bearings. I was thinking the change was from tang to dowel rather than the other way.

Thanks Dave; you gave me the answer to my question. Mid '55


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0