The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, Bill Hanlon, Jon G), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,454
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706542 12/27/2010 12:53 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
Hi guys I need to change out the glove box latch that mounts in the dash. It looks like it is a press fit. Is that correct. I want to find out before i take a hammer to it. I have the replacement and I don't see any other way it attaches and there is nothing in my manual, Thanks........steve

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=697448#Post697448

My 50 has a small clutch head screw on the back of the latch assembly that I had to remove.

Good luck

Last edited by DADS50; 12/27/2010 2:54 PM. Reason: code ck-4
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
My 52 has the same setup. Small clutch head screw in the back of the latch housing. Take that out, then you can wriggle the housing off of the lock assembly.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0