The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, tclederman, Gdads51, Wally / Montana, 39Master85, ndkid275), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,376
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#702931 12/12/2010 11:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
Here is the result of powder coating the letters and bowtie on my AD Hood Emblem. A lot of the restoration companies sell the vinyl letter kits for these, but powder coating will last much longer and be less resistent to peeling off like the letter kits will.

I took some "artistic liberty" while doing this. I used "Transparent Blue" for the bowtie and "Wilder Red" for the letters and stripes on the sides.

This an extra one I had around the house and it doesn't have the mounting plate on the back, so it worked as a practice piece for the real one I will be using on my truck.

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h479/52Mark/1952%20Chevy%20Truck%20Project/

Last edited by 52Mark; 12/23/2010 2:06 PM.
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Looks really good, nice work!!!!

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
Glad you liked it. Took me longer than I wanted it to, but...

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by 52Mark
Glad you liked it. Took me longer than I wanted it to, but...
blush Always takes me longer than I want on most projects!!



1952 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Doin better'n some an worse than others. Life's what ya make of it. FAMILY, GOD and COUNTRY. Love it or Leave it.
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 29
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 29
This really looks good. I was thinking of painting my AD hood emblem, since
the decal approach didn't last too long. Anybody have any recommendations
for someone in that business? I had good success with a mail-away license
plate restoration; hoping for somebody similar for this.


Pat


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
it came out very well! I like it.


*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
1953 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton-previously abandoned resto.

My Project Bolt

I hate when people leave their brains at home. Seriously when did critical thinking and customer service go out the window? How about common sense and striving to go the extra mile? Idiots, surrounded by idiots it tell you.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0