The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork), 162 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#702803 12/12/2010 1:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 88
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 88
I am getting ready to order the original seat cloth and vinyl from SMS. My question is, is there welting on the factory seat or is the cloth sewn straight to the vinyl. I cant tell from the picture in the owners manual. Its the only reference I have of what the original should look like. Any help would be appreciated.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Excell.

I had an OEM seat in perfect condition for my GMC and I did not see any welting. However, the welting provices a layer of protection for the material so it won't tear under stress. See the pic. I Just ordered my replacement an after market for my bench.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/414821495aUkBZE

Sadly I lot the seat to the flood waters of Katrina, that witch.



1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0