| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,255 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 5 | Does anyone know what color the inside metal is supposed to be. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 | The 41-46 trucks had a kind of dark chanpaign color( I forget the name). If you want the orig. color you should be able to get it from Jim Carter or some of the other vendors. Good Luck George | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | Rustoleum Makes a Hammertone that's close but if you want a original match PM Denny Graham. Have fun and good luck Dan | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 5 | Thanks I will check out those ideas | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 | I just did a 41 gmc with jim carters silver/brown , and it came really close to matching the original paint I still had on the heater. It is a really good color, like you said "champagne". Be careful to mix, shake the paint very throughly to keep a uniform color. This comment is from doing mine twice . | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 127 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 127 | Hey doug one I was looking at the Jim Carter paint too. Did you have to bake it, how did you do it?? I called them to order it one day and they kind of made it sound like a real pain, so I decided to not get it, now I want to get it again, but I'm a little worried about having to bake the painted parts. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 | Hotrod A Actually I bought the paint and then had it made up into spray cans by Napa and just painted it. Didn't even think of Baking. Just set it aside for a couple of weeks. Doug | | |
| |
| |