Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, klhansen, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, 1 invisible),
178
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | Just curious, does anyone have a sun visor on their big bolt. I am guessing they are the same as the 1/2 tons for fit. A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Fits just the same as a small truck.
Although I'm not a fan of them on any size truck, I'll admit that depending on the particular truck occasionally it's a good looking combo, but not very often does it come out well..
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Any 47-55 Chevrolet standard cab or COE cab would have the same outside metal sunvisor used that year.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | Yeah, I looked through most of the gallery big bolt ADs and I think I only saw two or three with the visors. Think it would look better on a nice car. I will concentrate on looking for some really nice roof lights instead. A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | For nice old looking cab marker lights I finally decided on KD-517 lights, it's made into the glass lens as well as stamped on the metal housing. You can find them still new in the box if you look hard, and not usually expensive. They came black, silver, or chrome, and with red, amber, or clear lenses. I think red would be against the rules for cab (forward facing) marker lights. I plan to paint the housings gloss black.
Pretty regularly you can turn up complete ones or parts on ebay as well as swap meets. I'm looking for one more clear lens, otherwise I think I have more than I'll need of all the other parts.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | I've tried visors on larger trucks, & just didn't think they looked right, for some reason. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 20 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 20 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | Umm those visors look pretty good. On the 59, and the earlier AD. That AD pic from DADS50 is a nice old pic. A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 474 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 474 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 384 | REALLY a nice truck !!! Is that an air tank, or a fuel tank on the left side behind the cab ? And, what kind of wheels is it ? Axle's replaced? My Chevy Viking 1959Ulf Hedlund. Eskilstuna. Sweden [email protected]Also: Ford Galaxie 4 dr 1959 Ford Custom 4 dr 1964 Ford Mustang GT 2005
| | |
| |