The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,267
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693371 11/09/2010 8:55 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Does anyone know what color the inside metal is supposed to be.

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
The 41-46 trucks had a kind of dark chanpaign color( I forget the name). If you want the orig. color you should be able to get it from Jim Carter or some of the other vendors.

Good Luck
George

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Rustoleum Makes a Hammertone that's close but if you want a original match PM Denny Graham. Have fun and good luck
Dan

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Thanks I will check out those ideas

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
I just did a 41 gmc with jim carters silver/brown , and it came really close to matching the original paint I still had on the heater. It is a really good color, like you said "champagne". Be careful to mix, shake the paint very throughly to keep a uniform color. This comment is from doing mine twice .

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 127
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 127
Hey doug one I was looking at the Jim Carter paint too. Did you have to bake it, how did you do it?? I called them to order it one day and they kind of made it sound like a real pain, so I decided to not get it, now I want to get it again, but I'm a little worried about having to bake the painted parts.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
Hotrod A
Actually I bought the paint and then had it made up into spray cans by Napa and just painted it. Didn't even think of Baking. Just set it aside for a couple of weeks. Doug


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0