| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 41 | Just struck a deal on a '48 Chev Loadstar 2-ton. Straight, 5-window,steel grain bed and hoist with 2-speed. Has not run in several years. Appears to be early 235. Engine number behind distributor is: 55F1017N Does that tell us anything? Door plate reads," 6RWK 3844, which VIN,"busts," to say 1948 2T Oakland, 161" WB.
Hope to bring her home next week. Price was $400. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | That will be a Chevy Loadmaster. A Loadstar is a International. I like to use the engine block casting number, when identifying these 6 cyl. engines. It's located on the passenger side, to the rear of the fuel pump. Sounds like a good deal. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 41 | Dang it, I knew better; I meant to say Loadmaster. Anyway, thanks Spanky. I'll look where you said next time I get over there. I suspect it will be a week before we can haul it home.
Dennis | | |
| |
| |