The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Tronman, Gray_Ghost), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,476
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
Any one knows where the wire to the spot light on a chevy 1/2 ton be connected to and what size fuse and voltage reducer should I use, since the light is 6volts but I am running 12 volts?

Anyone has the instructions for truck (manual Transmission) back-up light switch wiring. I know the switch mounts below on the transmission stick and one wire goes to the light in the back but how about the other wire?

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
The other wire must be to connect to a power source. What truck are ya working on??



1952 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Doin better'n some an worse than others. Life's what ya make of it. FAMILY, GOD and COUNTRY. Love it or Leave it.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
working on chevy 1/2 51. I believe the spot light should go to the + side of the ammeter wehre the horn connects; however, if that is the case I still don't know what king of voltager reducer I should use and or fuse for them.
The reverse light, I think it should be wire to the "B" wire to the regulator or ignition wire.

Your thoughts
Originally Posted by Old Dollar
The other wire must be to connect to a power source. What truck are ya working on??

Last edited by Rolling dices; 10/27/2010 4:41 PM.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
Sounds like good choices for both on placement, since they are both add on items I wouldn't be too concerned about correctness, I'm sure different dealers would have installed in different places. As far as power for spot a resistor like on heater may work or you could change out to a 12 volt bulb if base is the same. Fuses are always a great idea on any add on item. Hate to burn down a project if ya know what I mean.


1952 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Doin better'n some an worse than others. Life's what ya make of it. FAMILY, GOD and COUNTRY. Love it or Leave it.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
The back up light should be wired to go through the ign. switch. It's a good idea when you start adding lights & assec. to put an aux. fuse panel under the dash. Gang together the circuit's you want going through the switch & the ones that are hot all the time.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
I want to add a fuse to the spot light. Should the fuse be on the 12volt wire or the 6 volt side and what size should I go with, 15amps?


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0