The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (CandoBrent, Opelika Tom, Otto Skorzeny, TS3600, fonz8261, cmayna), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,281
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 61
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 61
Hi guys, and good morning to you all. Frist i have been all over this site this morning looking for i.d. info. I see responses , but no one tells us where you get the information. And yes i have been to inliners as well. Pleas help me with this I.D. I know it is boring going over the same stuff over and over. I wish there was a site of compiled information on one site you could send us new guys to so you did not have to answer reduntant questions. Apoligy stated in advance : Here go`s I have learned that my casting #328576 is from years 68 to 76. It has the following castings near the number.CVN2 and K12 With GM 85 just below the casting number.( i would like to know exact year) I have been searching for prefix and sufix information all morning. My prefix # ( By dist.) is f11081bl. In addition i want to know the head size.(cc`s) and valve size.And last how do i identfy transmission number c242.
As a new guy , i am totally excited on finding this site. I currently have a 1981 short bed step side with a 305/th400/Doug-Nash overdrive. My plan is to pull the existing engine tranny and O.D., sell it and do a bang up engine rebuild(basically stock balanced small cam intake/exhaust up grades) and install it in my truck with a 700r4 transmission. I have experince with the 700r4 and love them. I have 4:11 gears in the rear end. What kind of mileage, and performace are you fella`s thinking i can get? I know from reading that at least one of you are running the 700r4 set up.I am happy because the engine was free to me and it runs althought slight smoke, when pulled out. I have rebuilt Chev v-8`s , VW`s and Harley engines all my life, so i`m up to the task. In closing i am so happy to have found you guys here on this site. I like the attutide here and even have some ole friends from the Old COE site. Thanks for hearing me out. Please help me with the numbers You can even p.m. me at [email protected]


Jesus is Love! Never forget the Veteran.
AND God bless Amercia!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
http://no25.chuckthetruck.com/page3.html
If just BL 65-68 230, 69 250, but then the date doesn't resolve (Flint, Nov 8 ?).

Maybe F1108TBL? 73-74 250 California

More 250 info
http://no25.chuckthetruck.com/index.html

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 61
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 61
Thanks Chuck. I think it is 250 Calif. Have a good day.
Slider


Jesus is Love! Never forget the Veteran.
AND God bless Amercia!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0