The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (BC59, Phak1, Gray_Ghost, Southerntruck, 2-Ton, Forty9), 131 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,685
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
Hey all,
Just found this forum; what a wealth of information and wisdom! I've spent all day reading posts and I'm just getting more and more fired up about taking on this new project: restoring a 1/2-ton 5-window Chevy 3100, '47-'53. My old man restored one years ago to which my brother has recently staked a claim, so now I think (fear) it's my turn to get my hands dirty and get one driving around town again. Right now I'm looking for the right vehicle to start in on, and I'm pretty excited about getting going. Anyways, this is a great site and I can't wait to spend lots more time here learning what I need to learn.
Best,
Nick



Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome Nick! You'll have lots of help with your questions here. Just have some fun while your doing it. Good Luck!

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
Thanks Joy!



Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Nick, welcome from Scotland.
I hope you have success in your search.

There seems to be a good survival rate in Ca.
Although there's one less available in Ca.that's where mine came from!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
Originally Posted by jockbolter50
Nick, welcome from Scotland.
I hope you have success in your search.

There seems to be a good survival rate in Ca.
Although there's one less available in Ca.that's where mine came from!


Thanks jockbolter50 - love the signature!



Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
OK, well count me as a "future owner" no longer. Here's the project I bought 10 days ago.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nrdesie...Gv1sRgCJmY2e2SjojEDA&feat=directlink



Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 68
5
Smokey 56
Smokey 56
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 68
Sweet ride! Thanks for posting the pics!


Dan and Melina from MN. 1956 Chevy/GMC custom 1 Ton dually step side short box.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Looks like you found a decent one. Welcome aboard!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0