| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Shade Baby),
152
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,214 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 12 | Thanks to all the good info found in the forum, I'm now ready to drop the engine and tranny in the 52 3600. I have the front clip off and am wondering if I mount the transmission now, am I going to be able to slide the whole unit in or will the crossmember prohibit this. I have fears of getting it in and having to corkscrew it to make it happen. Thanks, Tim | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | What I've learned. No it won't clear the crossmember/cab floor. So seperate engine and tranny, or raise cab. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 | Just take the crossmenber down.Put engine and tranny in truck.together Jack up tranny and put tranny cross menber back in place.No problem Tim.The front clip off,there should be no problem.
dan-pa
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 12 | Thanks for the replys, I know what not to do. On another item... The 235 I had rebuilt has a balancer with a V-belt, and a water pump & generator with 3/8" pulleys. None of the three line up with the other. The generator is easy enough to adjust and there is a homemade spacer on the fan pulley. Question: Should I search for a balancer from a 216 to replace this v-belt one? If so, will it likely have a 3/8" pulley that is further out from the block? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | If I understand you correctly, this 235 is 55 or newer. I am saying that because of the "homemade spacer". You may have problems fitting the rad in with the fan. I would suggest looking at a waterpump adapter plate and using the old style pump. | | |
| |
| |