The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (NAPCOStormTrpr, 1955 1 Series, joe apple, klhansen, GRNHydra, DBJ71SuperCustom, dt235sd, Opelika Tom), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,286
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#673829 08/29/2010 3:54 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
At the Auto Fair today I found a bargain on a Rochester B off of a 292 that has a good throttle shaft bore. It has the 1-3/4" bore and is in need of a thorough cleaning. I'm planning on putting it on my 250 (1-9/16" throttle bore) after I rebuild it since the Rochester on there now has a worn out throttle shaft opening. I do know that the 250 and 292 Rochester's use the same carb kit, and that the only difference other than tuning settings is the throttle bore.

Is it possible to de-tune a 292 Rochester to make a 250 run properly? Or would I be better off setting it up using the 292 settings and see if it adds any more power?

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I would leave it calibrated as it is. If it seems a little rich you could always put in a smaller main jet. The 292 carbs are rare. The rebuilders replace them with 250 carbs.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0