| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (J Lucas, Hotrod Lincoln, dt235sd, 1955 1 Series, Gdads51, 55shaker, Lightholder's Dad, wilbur53),
81
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,297 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 266 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 266 | At the Auto Fair today I found a bargain on a Rochester B off of a 292 that has a good throttle shaft bore. It has the 1-3/4" bore and is in need of a thorough cleaning. I'm planning on putting it on my 250 (1-9/16" throttle bore) after I rebuild it since the Rochester on there now has a worn out throttle shaft opening. I do know that the 250 and 292 Rochester's use the same carb kit, and that the only difference other than tuning settings is the throttle bore.
Is it possible to de-tune a 292 Rochester to make a 250 run properly? Or would I be better off setting it up using the 292 settings and see if it adds any more power? | | |
| |
| |