The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Lucas, Eileen, Mike'sPlace), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,296
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
I just replaced my headlight switch and it all seems to work, but it has caused a very strange problem. About 1/4 of the way through the knobs rotation it makes my fuel gauge read full. It stays that way until I either turn the headlights off or rotate the knob back around. Any ideas?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Seems like your "hot" lead to the fuel gauge is attached to dash-lights-lead on your light switch?

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Oh boy. I've got a wiring diagram around here somewhere. Time to start tracing that hot lead I guess

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 159
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 159
I'd be tempted to leave it that way. Then if you ever run out of gas you can just turn on the lights. . .BINGO - full of fuel again!


It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility in occupation which brings happiness. - Thomas Jefferson

CK
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Here is an awesome pic of the fuel gauge wiring, in case anyone else stumbled onto this thread looking for some help.

http://www.64moneypit.pages.qpg.com...derpictures/diagrams/GASGUAGECIRCUIT.jpg

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Hmm. It seems I may have some more serious wiring problems than I thought. When I first put the new switch in, it was working my dome light (main reason I put it in) Now after fiddling around and not really doing anything but tracing wiring it has stopped working my dome light, and now it's not messing up my fuel gauge anymore. It barely twitches when i rotate the knob. Someone was under the dash before I was, and who knows what problems he's created.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0