| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Eileen),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,310 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | I was wondering if anyone makes a brace kit to support the middle of the hood? Mine is slightly concave and vibrates going down the road. Wondering if there is an aftermarket brace or would it be possible to modify a front brace from a salvaged hood and weld it in?
Any ideas would be welcome. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | I believe that action was why they added the ridges to the hood in 57  there'll always be a bit of movement at speed, but the "X" brace rods should be what puts a tension on it to prevent too much movement .... are you missing those? Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | I have the X brace but it appears the hood had been dented as I can push on an area next to it and it flexes back into shape. The guy painting my truck said that he can do some hammer/dolly work to get it back into shape but feels that it won't hold its shape due to the rough ride of the truck (its a 4x4). I suggested welding in a brace and he agreed. I was hoping there would be some aftermarket kit, but it looks like I will need to find an old hood, remove the front brace and modify it to fit. Has anyone done this? If, not I will take pictures of the process. | | |
| |
| |