| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,261 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 6 | Hi All- I am a recent addition to the stovebolt world and just got a truck. I am in NC and the truck is in Maine. I am going to get it in a couple months. I am hoping you all can help me id exactly what I have... Here is a link to a couple of pictures- http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af227/JPower6210/GMC%20Truck/Thanks! John
Last edited by John_P; 08/09/2010 2:02 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy John_P, that looks like a 38 or 39 GMC 1 1/2 ton, it could be a larger truck, it's hard to tell from the pictures. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 6 | Thanks 3B- what would be easiest way to tell if its a larger truck- I have someone that can take a look at it for me- | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 6 | Hey y'all- so I got a bit more info- I am still trying to track down the VIN- but I had someone look at the truck and they got some numbers off of it- There was a model #?? AC252 and what they thought was a serial # 482. Wheelbase from leading edge to trailing edge tire to tire was about 162" and the rear was 80" outside of dual to outside. This makes me think I might have a 2 ton? Any ideas? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | AC252? I am not good with GMC decoding but here is a try, using info at Rob English's website. http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0010.htmlAC252 A = 1939-40 C = conventional cab 25 = 1-ton rating (250 series) 2 = 125.25 wheel base ?? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy John_P, The only "correction" I would make to Tims' post above is the wheelbase, according to my parts book the wheelbase would be 133", that is measured center of axle to center of axle, hope that helps. | | |
| |
| |